ISE Jewellery Company Ltd.
ISE Jewellery is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the Personal Data (as defined hereunder) provided by our customers of the Site. This Policy sets out the measures adopted by ISE Jewellery in the collection and use of the Personal Data in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap. 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong.
Please read this Policy carefully. By accessing or browsing the Site, viewing or obtaining information therefrom, or by using the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to abide by the terms and conditions set out in this Policy.
The following terms shall have the respective meanings specified below unless the context otherwise requires:-
- "Services" means the services provided by ISE Jewellery to customers of the Site including without limitation (i) provision of information related to jewellery design either through the Site or otherwise; (ii) retail and tailor made services for jewelleries and other related products; (iii) consultancy services relating to jewellery design; (iv) circulation of promotional information and/or information of related services; and (v) provision of after-sale and maintenance services to customers of ISE Jewellery’s products aforementioned. ISE Jewellery reserves the right to make changes to the scope and contents of the Services from time to time upon appropriate notice
- "Site" means the website www.isejewellery.com developed, owned and/or operated by ISE Jewellery and/or its affiliate(s).
- Collection of Personal Data and the Purposes
ISE Jewellery may collect personal information of the customers of the Site such as residential address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender and other personally identifiable information (collectively referred to herein as the “Personal Data”) for the following purposes (collectively, the “Purposes”): -
- provision of the Services to the customers of the Site;
- communications with the customers of the Site;
- confirmation of orders from the customers;
- handling of enquiries, requests and complaints from the customers of the Site;
- circulation of direct marketing and advertising materials of promotions, campaigns and/or other related services, provided by ISE Jewellery to the customers of the Site; and
- prevention of crime and compliance with relevant laws of Hong Kong.
Failure on the part of the customer to provide the relevant Personal Data as required may result in ISE Jewellery being unable to provide the Services or any part thereof to the customer. If ISE Jewellery wants to use a customer’s Personal Data for any purpose other than those set out above, ISE Jewellery will inform such customer of such purpose and obtain his/her prior consent in writing before any such use.
- Storage and Processing of Personal Data
All Personal Data collected from customers will be held by ISE Jewellery in strict confidence. Only authorised staff will be permitted to view, use and/or edit the Personal Data on a “need-to-know” basis. Save and except for the circumstances stipulated under Section D below, no disclosure will be made by ISE Jewellery to any third parties without customers’prior consent in writing. A customer having placed and confirmed an order with ISE Jewellery will receive an order number printed on the receipt issued by ISE Jewellery. The customer shall keep the order receipt in safe custody and shall not share the same with any third party to avoid any leakage of his/her Personal Data. ISE Jewellery will maintain confidentiality and security of the Personal Data in the course of storage and processing; however, ISE Jewellery shall not be liable for the leakage of the Personal Data for reasons not attributable to ISE Jewellery, its affiliate(s), directors, officers, employees, agents and/or assigns.
- Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
Subject to the provisions stipulated under this Policy, ISE Jewellery may disclose and/or transfer the Personal Data to the following parties under the circumstances which are set out below:
- ISE Jewellery’s directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents, on a “need-to-know” basis in carrying out the Purposes, provided that they shall abide by the confidentiality obligation contained herein; and
- any competent authorities in Hong Kong or other jurisdictions in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation court orders and other court proceedings.
- ; Direct Marketing
ISE Jewellery may from time to time circulate or distribute newsletters, marketing and advertising materials related to the Services by using customers’ Personal Data for direct marketing purpose. We will obtain customers’ consent in writing before the circulation or distribution of the said materials (consent may be by an indication of “no objection” by the customer).
If you do not want to receive any marketing materials from us, you may in any time opt-out free-of-charge by choosing the “unsubscribe link” contained in the direct marketing materials received.
To facilitate and customize users’ experience with the Site, ISE Jewellery will record users’ visits to the Site by collecting and storing information such as domain name, server, address in the “cookies”; such data collected through cookies, if any, will not be disclosed to any unauthorised parties save and except in the circumstances as set out in Section D.
- Third Party Websites
This Policy applies to customers’activities on the Site and Facebook Page only and confers no protection to the customers’ Personal Data when he/she leaves the Site for any third party website which is not maintained or operated by ISE Jewellery. The customers acknowledge that third party websites may have their own privacy policies and customers shall carefully review such privacy policies before divulging any personal information on such websites. In any event, ISE Jewellery is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the customers resulting from their visits to any third party websites.
- Changes to this Policy
ISE Jewellery reserves the right to revise this Policy from time to time at its sole discretion. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon reasonable notice on the Site. By continuing to use the Site and/or the Services following the posting of the revised policy, the customer will be deemed to have agreed to such changes.
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
Each customer shall have the right to access and make corrections to the Personal Data provided by such customer to and held by ISE Jewellery. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact ISE Jewellery’s Personal Data Management Officer anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org by e-mail. ISE Jewellery may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
3rd April 2018